Ventura County Championships Meet When: Saturday Oct 13, 2018 Where: Lake Casitas-
Project Time: 5:45 am Bus Time: 6:00 am Return: approx. 1 pm
Schedule: Time Medals Plaques – Large School Plaques – Small School
Frosh Boys 7:30 a.m. 1-60 1st – 3rd 1st – 2nd
FS Girls 8:00 a.m. 1-60 1st – 3rd 1st – 2nd
Varsity Girls 8:30 a.m. 1-70 1st – 5th 1st – 3rd
Varsity Boys 8:55 a.m. 1-70 1st – 5th 1st – 3rd
Soph Boys 9:20 a.m. 1-60 1st – 3rd 1st – 2nd
JV Girls 9:50 a.m. 1-40 1st – 3rd 1st – 2nd
JV Boys 10:25 a.m. 1-40 1st – 3rd 1st – 2nd
Bring: water, healthy snacks, shoes, uniform, socks, sweats, sunscreen, more water/sports drink, $ if you wish to get a shirt
- Parking is $10 per car entering the park.
- You may park at the entrance to Lake Casitas, but it is a 2-mile walk to the starting line. There is parking inside the park close to the start line, approximately ¼ mile. It maybe necessary for parents to park in the overflow lot inside the park. The overflow parking lot is close to a mile to the starting line.
- You may go home with your parents, after the meet is over AND our team warm down and stretch. You need to check out with the coaches before you leave.
Here is the info for tomorrow’s race (sorry for the late notice)
Raider / Gold Coast Invitational Where: College Park, Oxnard
Project Time: 10:45 am BUS TIME: 11:00 am Return Time: 5:30 pm
AWARDS: Individual metals to the top 20 in each race.
Woodbridge Invitational Friday, Sept 14, 2018
Where: Silverlake Sports Park, Norco, Ca
Project Time: TBA BUS TIME: 11AM Return Time: 1:00 am
When we get to the meet we will be going over the course- athletes have your running shoes on when you get off the bus. Each group needs to make a plan on when and where to meet for warm up. If you are not racing, you are expected to dress as if you are racing and will be help taking mile time splits. After you race- everyone is expected to be out on the course cheering. (Loudly, of course, knowing everyone’s name, and positive encouraging words!)
What to Bring: Uniform, Shoes, Socks, Filled Water Bottle, Sunscreen, Healthy Snacks, Sweatshirt, Sweats, cheering voice J We wear our team t-shirts, warm ups, sweatshirts at all meets coming and going. Money for lunch, meet shirt, we will stop at In’n Out on the way home.
AWARDS: Individual medals to the top 100 in each race. Team trophy top 6 in each race.
Race Schedule: We are in the RED Division
|Varsity Girls – A
||Varsity Boys – A
Meet Web Site: http://gvarvas.com/
Course Map: http://gvarvas.com/course-map/
PARENT AND SPECTATOR PARKING
SilverLakes Sports Complex (map)
5555 Hamner Avenue
Norco, CA 92880
PARENT AND SPECTATOR PARKING
No spectator entry fee will be charged for athlete families and spectators.
Parking ($15.00) will be charged within the Complex. Spectator vehicles (including school vans) will enter the Complex at the main gate on Hamner Avenue and will be directed to the parking areas.
Buses will enter the Complex at the secondary gate on Hamner Avenue. They will unload and proceed to Eleanor Roosevelt High School to park.
FURTHER DIRECTIONS TO SILVERLAKE SPORTS COMPLEX
NOTE: Based on expected high traffic volumes on both area freeways and at the Complex, avoid the Eastbound Riverside CA-91 Freeway between the CA-71 Freeway and the I-15 Freeway.
- Arriving on the I-15 Freeway from all other areas:
- Exit on Hamner Avenue, if you are traveling North on I-15.
- Exit on Hamner Avenue or Limonite Avenue, if you are traveling South on I-15.
On Fri Sept 7 the Bulldogs will be competing in their first (ever) PVL meet held at River Ridge Golf Course. The PVL includes the following teams: Buena, Channel Islands, Oxnard, Pacifica, Rio Mesa, and Ventura. The course traverses the fairways of the Vineyard golf course beginning and ending at hole #1.
Project Time: 12: 45 pm Bus Time: 1:00 pm Return to Buena: 6:15 pm
Race Times: 3:00 pm JV Girls, 3:35 pm JV Boys, 4:05 pm Varsity Girls, 4:35 pm Varsity Boys
If you are unable to cheer the Bulldogs in person, live results of the meet can be found at http://pvltrackfield.com/
Thank you to the parents who were able to help us at the Seaside Invitational!
Seaside Invitational Information 8/31/18
Where: Ventura Fairgrounds Project Time: 12:30 pm Bus Time: 12:45 pm ** Girls on one bus, boys on the other. **
See the premeet checklist below. Pack your bag tonight, including your lunch, water, and other healthy snacks. Save the sodas, candy, etc for after the meet. If you need to buy food at school, do this during break.
What to Bring: Uniform, Shoes, Socks, Filled Water Bottle, Sunscreen, Healthy Snacks, Sweatshirt, Sweats, cheering voice J Extra Clothes – it is usually windy and foggy this time of year at the beach. We wear our team t-shirts, sweatshirts at all meets coming and going.
Return Time: 7 – 7:30 p.m.(Although last year was earlier and was more like 6 pm- due to great team work on the clean up); After the last race, we need to clean up the course.
Please find your seniors for your responsibilities regarding clean up. Once the course is cleaned, we can go home.
**Since this is considered a home meet. Your parents may pick you up at the Fairgrounds after clean up.**
Race Schedule: After you have raced and cooled down, we will need your help on the course, at the finish line
Girls Fresh 2:00 p.m. Boys Fresh 2:30 p.m.
Girls Soph 3:00 p.m. Boys Soph 3:30 p.m.
Girls Jr 4:00 p.m. Boys Jr 4:30 p.m.
Girls Sr 5:00 p.m. Boys Sr 5:30 p.m.
*Allow about 40 – 50 min for your warm-up and 30 min for your cool down
COURSE: It will begin and end inside the Ventura State Beach Park. It will be a flat three-mile course, mostly on the bike path next to the ocean. Map: http://www.usatf.org/routes/view.asp?rID=599477
||Cars – $5.00
||Medals to the first 50 finishers
It was great to see everyone today (at the same time) at practice – lots of new faces and familiar ones too. As we get ready to start our competitions for cross country a few house keeping items need to be completed.
- All athletes must be cleared. Please go to your Register My Athlete account and update to the current school year and select cross country
- Physicals are good for one year from the date. If you need to get a physical schedule one ASAP with your family physician, chiropractor (ask for a sports physical), Urgent care. Remember to bring your form to be signed. Forms can be downloaded from the site or ask coach for a copy
- New to Buena Sports? You will need to create an account on Register My Athlete. Follow the directions here: https://registermyathlete.com/
- ATHELETES MUST BE CLEARED to PRACTICE / COMPETE
- Sign up for XCSTATS https://xcstats.com/index.php on the main page select the schools, find Buena High School and then create an account. Our code is luvs2run!
OUR first XC competition is on Saturday Aug 25 for the Hoka One One 2 Mile at the Buena High School Track. First race is at 7 pm, athletes need to be at Buena at 6 pm
We are looking forward to this season! Coach Burns