Pancake Breakfast Reminder
The Pancake Breakfast is this Saturday (tomorrow). Please tell all your friends and family and share on social media.
Thank you to all that have volunteered to donate items. We are still looking for a few things – click here to sign up
If you have donated something please please do not wait until your shift to bring it. We will be collecting donations today from 3:30 – to the end of practice in the track field parking lot (Look for the beige Suburban with the back door open). Or you may drop off at the cafeteria tomorrow at by 8 am. Don’t forget to turn in your money or unsold tickets.
The shifts are:
Freshman: 7 – 8
Seniors: 10 – 11:30
This is a fun event we hope to see lots of people there.
Our annual Pancake Breakfast is this Saturday, October 14 from 8 am – 11 am.
Please turn in your tickets to the coaches by Thursday. (Sold and unsold) – We need to get a count of how many tickets have been sold.
We are looking for lots of items to be donated – Click here to sign up for items. (you can also click on the volunteer tab on our website www.buenahighcctf.com
We are asking the students to work shifts at the event. The shift schedule is as follows:
- 7 am – 8 am – Freshmen
- 8 am – 9 am – Sophomores
- 9 am – 10 am – Juniors
- 10 am – 11:30 am (clean up) – Seniors
We do need some parent help with set up, clean up and ticket sales. – You can sign up here
A few other reminders>>>
- League Meet 2 is Thursday @ Lake Casitas (visit our website for more info.)
- Picture Day is Friday (wash those uniforms Thursday night)
Thank you for all your support of our Bulldogs!
League Meet 2 @ Lake Casitas
When: Thurs Oct 12, 2017 Where: Lake Casitas, Ojai, Ca
Project Time: 1:15 pm Bus Time: 1:30 pm Return to Buena: 7:00 pm
Race Times: GJV – 4:00 pm BJV – 4:40 pm GV – 5:15 pm BV – 5:45 pm
Spectators: $10 per vehicle to enter Lake Casitas Recreation Area.
Parking: There are 2 areas to park inside the park.
- The lot inside the course area closes at 3:15 pm. All cars parked inside the course will not be allowed to drive out until the last race is completed, approx. 6:15 PM
- The lot outside the course at the upper campground, vehicles park and leave from this lot at any time. This lot is approx. ¼ walk to the start line area.
Link to Course Map: http://www.usatf.org/routes/view.asp?rID=329250
Link to YouTube Flyover of Course: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhIoRftju8g
***Also, on Friday we have team pictures at 2:30 at the stadium. So the athletes will have to be sure to wash their jersey after the race and then bring it to practice on Friday. Order forms home this week.
Here some upcoming events for our Bulldog Cross Country
Wednesday Oct 4 – Lake Casitas Twilight Meet – We will be running the 1.85 mile course. (See attached flyer for info) Twilight Meet
Wednesday Oct 4 – Pizza Chief Fundraiser (after meet) – please share the flyer on social media
Thursday Oct 12 – League Meet # 2 at Lake Casitas
Friday Oct 13 – Team Pictures , Remember your uniform. We will run after pictures
Saturday Oct 14– Pancake Breakfast Fundraiser, we will be selling tickets, working shifts that morning, we will also be asking for donations – Packets should be coming home today
Friday Oct 20 – Mt Sac Invitational
Sunday Oct 22– Ventura Marathon / Half Marathon. We need to a minimum of 12 girls and 12 boys to work the start of the the half marathon (early morning shift – about 4:30 am). This is a fundraiser for our team. Would also love to have parent or two to help out.
Emails/Addresses for Donation Campaign – If you haven’t turned yours in – please do so! We will be sending out a link to all of the emails you turn in asking for donations. If you would like to make your own donation or share the link on your social media – here is the link: Webstore
Thanks for your help and support! GO Bulldogs!!
Seaside Invitational Information
When: Friday September 8th
Where: San Buenaventura State Beach
Bus Time: 11:30 am ** Girls on one bus, boys on the other. **
What to Bring: Uniform, Shoes, Socks, Filled Water Bottle, Sunscreen, Healthy Snacks, Sweatshirt, Sweats, cheering voice, Extra Clothes – it is usually windy and foggy this time of year at the beach. We wear our team t-shirts, sweatshirts at all meets coming and going. See the premeet checklist below. Pack your bag the night before, including your lunch, water, and other healthy snacks. Save the sodas, candy, etc for after the meet. If you need to buy food at school, do this during break.
Return Time: 7 – 7:30 p.m.(Although last year was earlier and was more like 6 pm- due to great team work on the clean up); After the last race, we need to clean up the course. Please find your seniors for your responsibilities. Once the course is cleaned, we can go home.
**Since this is considered a home meet, we will only have one bus returning to Buena. Your parents may pick you up at the State Beach after clean up.**
Girls Fresh 2:00 p.m. Boys Fresh 2:30 p.m.
Girls Soph 3:00 p.m. Boys Soph 3:30 p.m.
Girls Jr 4:00 p.m. Boys Jr 4:30 p.m.
Girls Sr 5:00 p.m. Boys Sr 5:30 p.m.
*Allow about 45 – 60 min for your warm-up and 30 min for your cool down
When you are not racing, you need to be at your assigned stations! Any Questions, please try to find your Big Sisters/ Big Brothers first, then the coaches
COURSE: It will begin and end inside the Ventura State Beach Park. It will be a flat three-mile course, mostly on the bike path next to the ocean. Map: http://www.usatf.org/routes/view.asp?rID=493819
|STATE BEACH PARKING:
||Cars – $12.00
||Medals to the first 50 finishers
||Plaques to the first 5 teams – determined by team team time using the top 5 fastest runners regardless of grade
||Plaque to the fastest boy and girl of the day
||Plaque to any runner who breaks a divisional record
TEAM SCORING: Based on team times. Adding the fastest 5 runners’ times from each team from all divisions.
T-SHIRTS: Custom t-shirts available for purchase
CONCESSION STAND: We will have a variety of snacks, fruits, and drinks.
We had a glitch in the system – but we are up and running. Here is the link to the volunteer & Donation page: https://www.buenahighcctf.com/volunteer/
Buena Cross Country is hosting the Seaside Invitational is this coming Friday, September 8th, held at the San Buenaventura State Beach. We have 40 teams signed up this year and we definitely can not run a successful event with out parent help. We manage to host a great meet every year, but there has never been a moment where another 10 people couldn’t have been put to work The more help we can have the easier it becomes for everyone – but more importantly it makes for a more memorable experience for our runners!
Please sign up here for to volunteer https://www.buenahighcctf.com/volunteer/
You can also click on the Volunteer tab on the Buena Cross Country Website https://www.buenahighcctf.com
This meet is also an excellent fundraising opportunity for us. Funds are always needed to help with entry fees to meets, uniforms, equipment, end-of-year banquet, coaches, etc. We will have a concession stand at this meet and donations for the stand would be greatly appreciated. Please sign up here for donations: https://www.buenahighcctf.com/volunteer/
Donated items can be dropped off at the Buena Track any day this week after 2:30 pm or brought directly to the event on Friday Sept 8.
If you any questions – please text 805-766-4700
4 Way Meet
Teams: Buena, Moorpark, Rio Mesa, Westlake,
When: Aug 31 2017
Race Schedule: 3:15 pm – Girls Race 3:45 pm – Boys Race
Where: Mission Park, Camarillo Bus Time: 1:30 pm
Parents: This is a fun race to come cheer your athlete on. See your there!
Athletes: When we get to the meet we will make a plan on when and where to meet for warm up. If you are not racing, you are expected to dress as if you are racing and will be helping at finish line or taking mile time splits. After you race- everyone is expected to be out on the course cheering, directing runners, or helping somewhere. You are not to hang out at team site or socialize with your parents or friends that are watching the meet. We are here to compete as a team. This is includes before, during, and after the meet.
Pack your bag tonight, including your lunch, water, and other healthy snacks. Save the sodas, candy, etc for after the meet. If you need to buy food at school, do this during break.
What to Bring: Uniform, Shoes, Socks, Filled Water Bottle, Sunscreen, Healthy Snacks, Sweatshirt, Sweats, cheering voice. We wear our team t-shirts, sweatshirts at all meets coming and going.
*Allow 40 – 45 min for your warm-up and 20 min for your cool down
Buena XC MUST DO by FIRST Day of School:
If your on-line athletic packet is INCOMPLETE you need to get done asap, to be cleared do not risk being dropped from the team.
- Do you need to compete your on-line athletic packet?
- Sign up for https://registermyathlete.com >> Select Login >> My School ID >> State: California >> Buena High School, create your account you will need an email, parents contact info, insurance card.
- If your physical has expired you will not be allowed to practice. This needs to be taken care of today!
- If your physical is still current but will expire during cross country season, make an appointment NOW.
- If your physical is still current but will expire after November 2017, you will be good for the xc season, but will need a new physical for track season. Suggest you schedule that appointment, NOW.
- Sign up for XCStats. If you are registered nothing needs to be done. IF not …
- Go to https://xcstats.com/
- Select the School link in the upper right corner, select Buena High School
- Select Create an Account, our Registration Code is: luvs2run!
- You will need an email (do not use your school email) and your parent(s) email
- Be sure to check your email within 24 hours of registering to finish activation.
Upcoming Bulldog XC Dates:
- Girls: Saturday Practice: 8 am at Foster Park, exit Casitas Vista Rd on Hwy 33
- Boys: Saturday Practice: 8 am at San Pedro st., State Beach
- Girls/Boys: Monday Practice: 8 am at Buena
- Girls/Boys: Tuesday Practice: 8 am at Arroyo Verde
- Pack your bag tonight: running shoes, socks, shorts, t-shirt, sports bra, long sleeve for after, towel, small snack for after practice- protein bar, apples /peanut butter, string cheese, …
- Pack your lunch tonight, bring your water bottle – stay hydrated,
- First Day of School: We are practicing during 6th After 6th period, you can change in the girl’s locker room by the gym or in the bathrooms at the track. We meet at 2:30 pm for our team meeting on the grass behind the bathrooms. Practice will go a little later today- expect to be finished between 4:30 and 5:00 pm.
- Saturday August 26 Hoka One One Postal 2 Mile @ Buena Track. Meet at 6 pm, first race at 7 pm
- Thursday August 31: 4-way meet with Rio Mesa, Moorpark, Westlake, Buena @ Mission Park Camarillo
- Friday Sept 8: Seaside Invitational – we host this meet and will need parent volunteers..
- Mile 26 Night: tba
- Parent / Athlete Fall XC meeting: tba
Tomorrow both the boys and girls teams are meeting at Buena High School Circle Parking Lot at 7 am to car pool to Sulphur Mountain Rd. We will be running out and back on the trail. Parents are welcome to join us – bike, run, or walk.
Thank you to everyone that helped at the 4th of July 5k /10k race. Our boys and girls teams earned $1200 that morning :). Many of the competitors complimented our team on their hard work, cheering, and helpfulness. Awesome! I take great pride that our team is so well liked and respected by our community members!
We have 2 more Boogie Nights 5K races- Wed July 12 and Wed July 19th.